Monday, July 4, 2016

Sparklers

Let me tell you something about July 4th. For anyone who lives outside of the US, it's probably a baffling holiday, but its one every USA citizen will tell you is extremely important. Today's the day that celebrates our freedom. This is the day our forefathers designated as a national holiday, and it's remained such since 1776. It's tradition to celebrate with fireworks and sparklers, and other gunpowder centered recreations. Everything about this day can easily spell out autistic hell, especially when immersed in an outdoor venue. It's hot, everyone's packed close to people they don't know, children are louder than usual, there are random skyward explosions, and everything about this day is unstable. At the end of the day, you get to sit back and enjoy dehydration with different colored sparks in the sky. Fun, right? Only if you're in a controlled environment, it would seem!

I am deathly afraid of sparklers, so the point that even being around one made me ansy, until today! Today, my husband offered me one, and I accepted. I had put a calm oil on my paracord bracelet, and even had my diffuser necklace on, and I was calm.Sure, at first it took some getting used to, I was frightened and held it stiffly away from my body, until I received some encouragement from my husband, and then I began to wave it about, slowly, but surely enjoying myself. Then he handed me two of them and I lit the second one all by myself. That sounds very childish, but you know what? I was terrified at first. It was a fear I put in the past because I was in a safe environment. Why was it safe? I have no idea, but I'm fairly certain it's because I had the right scents on me, and had taken my *meds. 

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that aromatherapy has "healed me of my depression or anxiety disorder" but I'm also not going to lie and say that it's done zilch. It has helped me gain confidence, fight my depressive/anxious streaks but that's coupled with my antidepression meds. I don't recommend straying from what your doctor has prescribed to you, unless you've talked to them first. They're the trained professionals, and if they're like your confidant, then they're more likely to listen to you than ignore your concerns and curiosities. 

*Depression Medication: I'm on a very low dosage of zoloft, so much in fact that it only takes the edge off and doesn't dope me up, which is what I wanted. 

What I will tell you is, that this is one of the true testaments of how much aromatherapy can help someone. I have an anxiety disorder and it helps me fight that. It helps me in situations that I don't even notice half of the time, and for that I tell you, you should try aromatherapy if you feel it'll help. Do your research for which oils would suit your needs and go from there! But this isn't my pitching campaign, it's just me, spreading how excited I am to have tried and loved sparklers! *I even asked if we could get more this week, and hubs said yes! (He's in charge of the money since finances stress me out and have been my source of meltdowns before. It's not that I can't be an adult, but I can only take so much stress.)

*We live right down the road from an Atlas Fireworks store that sells fireworks 'out of season'.

There you have it folks! From shaky, anxious, tearful mess, to exuberant, happy, calm living! Thank you Aromatherapy, you've changed my life.


Today's Scents: 



*The firebird perfume oil has the link to the etsy store I purchased this from! They're wonderful. I highly recommend their lotion, since it's non-greasy and homemade, I feel it's got better quality than the regular store bought stuff, plus it's got such a rich scent! It's extremely calming and overall delightful.