Thursday, July 21, 2016

Shower Melt recipe


First try.

Lemon helps to drain your sinuses, Lavender relaxes you, as well as stops your runny nose, Peppermint opens the airways to breathe better, as does Camphor and Eucalyptus. I've been sick for the past few days/week, and this helped quite a bit, the one time I got to use it. My husband even enjoyed it! Since I added a little too much water to the first batch, I plan to add more baking soda to help stiffen it up a bit. I might even add more oils to it, but we'll see what I think once I use the the less watery version. 

Instructions:
1.) In a large mixing bowl, add the essential oil drops to your baking soda, then pour in the cool water.
2.) Blend together until it's a thick paste.
3.) Pour it into your mold.
4.) Freeze for 1-2 hours, or until solid.
How'd it do in the shower? It melted in 5 minutes, and got lost under the smell of my husband's soap, as well as mine. I think it's meant for when you aren't washing, which I'll also test out, but overall, it was soothing, and did what it was supposed to. I very much recommend making this with some citric acid so it fizzles and bubbles and puts on a little show for you.