Friday, July 8, 2016

Road Trip Blend


Like so many, I have a hard time dealing with car-centered anxiety, and have tried practically everything, until now. About 2 weeks ago, my husband and I needed to travel to the closest military base in order to have his ID renewed, which happened to have been a 2 hour trip. Since we were close to the Maine border, we decided to go to the Naval History museum, toured the USS Albacore, visited the Kittery History museum, AS WELL AS walking around Fort Constitution. It was a fun filled day of learning and exploration, but since it's summer, there was other people there, which meant pushy, asshole kids. Thankfully, I put the road trip blend into my diffuser necklace and it kept me from going into a panic attack, all day long!

Naturally Lovable: Produced by Now Foods.

Please, be aware that aromatherapy paired with another distracting activity can help you defeat moderate to severe anxiety. I keep a book with me at all times just for that, and when traffic got really bad, I whipped that bad boy out and started to read. My husband knows I'm not ignoring him when I go quiet in the car, so he doesn't push me into conversation, but I also don't completely ignore his attempts to talk, either. Although this is a temporary solution, it's one that's surely enjoyable.