Friday, July 8, 2016

Sensory Hell Blend


My language skills right now are lacking, so let me try and convey this accurately. I've said in the past that I've had "rough" days, but today was one of those days that everything set me off and made me feel uncomfortable. After a rather routine trip to walmart, I crumbled and started to cry in the car, which is the start of one of my meltdowns. Then, I started to shut down, which means, I stare off into the distance with a blank look on my face, and I lose my verbal language, albeit temporarily. However, halfway into full "shutdown mode", an image popped into my mind (which is how my thought processes work apparently), and I remembered my aromatherapy emergency bag! I rubbed Road Trip and Worry-B-Gone into my palms, cupped them over my mouth and nose and took 5 deeps breaths. It cleared my mind, calmed me down enough for my husband to put on classical music. Soon enough, I was back to myself in no time! 

Unfortunately, after moments like these, it's fairly common for autistic peoples to feel sleepy, and that's exactly what happened to me. So, I looked through my "Essential oils for Depression", and threw together this specific blend, and it's done just what I needed.